One of my Uncles (UncleDucey) and I have birthdays that are a day apart. When I was very little we would share a cake. This one had bunnies and chicks. My mom wasn’t exactly catering to her big brother’s interests EVER but, I am into bunnies and he is into chicks- so, well done mom.
a conversation from a decade ago, maybe:
AuntAbides: I…can’t remember the date of your birthday…I’m sorry.
me: It’s the 23rd, no one ever remembers, it’s okay.
AuntAbides: I know yours is first! Your mom drove that message home when you were a baby.
AuntAbides: I could never remember if your birthday was first or UncleDucey’s
me: yeah, everyone gets that confused.
AuntAbides: And apparently she was tired of my sh*t, so she yelled:
JENNIFER COMES FIRST. JENNIFER ALWAYS COMES FIRST.
me: hahahaha. Wow…Mom has always been one of my fiercest advocates…wow.
- crumpeteatingwoofter likes this
- eebees said: OHMYGAWD ARE YOU APRECIOUSMOMENTSDOLL??? Well. Are you? Because if you say no I am not going to believe you.
- eebees likes this
- glitterbubbles likes this
- songbirdstew said: You need that embroidered on a banner on your wall. Also, you and UncleDucey have the same haircut here. Do you still?
- songbirdstew likes this
- tricialew likes this
- tricialew said: You should be first at everything! Also, how adorable were you!!!?
- canamharris likes this
- sidramatic likes this
- clairesalcedo likes this
- jennhoney posted this