- Uhura gets the Captain’s chair and her wave totally blocks Sulu.
- Star Wars Invasion Is this War?
I don’t think they mean any harm. Pregnant Princess Leia is doing the Vulcan Salute.
- Silos and Stormtroopers
- Ever since Trekkies, maybe even before, the town gets swarmed with film crews. I turned around to see that I was being followed by 2 entire crews but, I missed them interviewing each other.
- the exact moment I learned I have a stormtrooper problem. oh god. I love Stormtroopers. These poor bastards have got to be dying under all that plastic and synthetic material.
- the Horta skitters.
- I think Spock is saving us from the Horta
- the wall of man ass thwarts my search for Spock, but, butt, he does win best Federation costume, along with his son, dressed at Kirk.
TrekFest 2009 the 25th anniversary (part 2)
over 27 years ago it was called RiverFest. Then, a City Councilperson, named Steve Miller, wrote Gene Roddenberry and asked him to designate Riverside, IA as the future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk. Roddenberry agreed. So, now it’s called TrekFest. It’s a fascinating mix of Trekkies, Shriners, Meat Princesses, Tractors, local businesses, and every T-ball/softball/baseball team in a 30 mile area pelting the crowd with candy from floats that may or may not tie into the year’s theme (for instance the theme for 2010 was Mirror Mirror one of the girl’s softball teams chose to do a scene from Snow White rather than Star Trek.)
[and that is the best explanation, I have, as to why there are so many StormTroopers at a Star Trek festival. Everyone is welcome even Darth Vader.]